Saturday, August 27, 2005

Top 5 Movies of 2005

I would really want to scream. I finished a long postup in my blog but lost it due to an internet failure. Man, sometimes I hate computers ! But anyway here I am again to pinpoint 5 films which I believe rocked Bollywood in 2005.

1. Black - One of the most amazing films churned out by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The story of a deaf and blind girl, Michelle McNally(Rani Mukherji) and her quest to be normal with the help of her teacher, Debraj Sahai(Amitabh Bachchan) found the hearts of millions. Awesome performances from Rani and Amitabh and a great story really helped.

2. Paheli - One of the most underlooked films in 2005. A sensitive and gentle love story starring Shahrukh Khan and Rani Mukherji, it was good. Some good performances by Shahrukh and Rani also helped to make the movie good.

3. Page 3 - Page 3 proved that you dont't need huge starcasts, big budgets and good marketing to make a blockbuster. The unique storyline and it's revelations about the 'hi-class society' made the viewers watch it. Also, great performances from character artistes like Konkona Sen Sharma.

4. Sarkar - OK, I may have badmouthed the film, but I do admit, it's a great film. So, who cares if it's an adaptation of "The Godfather" ? Amitabh Bachchan with his eyes conveyed everything, anger, sadness, hapiness. Also, awesome performances from Abhishek Bachchan and Kay Kay were the icing on the cake.

5. Parineeta - Another sensitive love story captured the hearts. The evergreen romance of Shankar(Saif Ali Khan) and his next door neighbour Lolita(Vidya Balan) inspired from Sarat Chandra Chattopadhya's novel was a gentle and captivating love story. And while Saif Ali Khan gave such an subdued performance, Vidya Balan was also awesome.

Other films which I really liked but couldn't put up there :

Waqt - Loved it mainly because of Amitabh Bachchan, Rajpal Yadav and Boman Irani ! Nuff' said !
Bunty Aur Bali - The Abhishek-Rani jodi and their cons were hilarious !
Kaal- I thought it was a pretty suspenseful thriller even though many badmouthed it. Guess it's just me.

Well, there you are. Please give me your comments about my choices. I'd love to hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home