Saturday, July 23, 2005

Next Week's analysis

Next week, we have the release of Yahaan, 7 1/2 Phere and Sehar. Yahaan is a film set in Kasmir about a love story between an army captain(Jimmy Shergill) and a Kashmiri girl(Minissha). The music is by Shantanu Moitra and I must say, the music is stupendous. Moitra is really in good form and my favourite is the song "Naam Adaa Likhna." I just wish that the songs are publisized more because I'm sure they will gain immense popularity. The movie itself doesn't attract me too much because there have been loads of stories about Kashmir (Mission Kashmir comes to mind instantly) and I don't really believe the tag that it's different.

7 1/2 Phere is an offbeat light-hearted comedy aimed at mainly multiplex audiences which has Juhi Chawla(after an awesome performance in My Brother,Nikhil) and Irffan Khan. It's mainly about about a wedding which had hidden cameras and which is being broadcasted on national television without the consent of any of the parties ! Of course, what happens is predictable, loads of secrets come out ! The music is by Shantanu Moitra incidentally but is not as good as Yahaan. This is not attracting me at all because of the low key publicity and the subject matter is just being...boring.

Sehar is yet another film about police officers which starts Arshad Warsi and Mahima Chaudhary after Kuch Meetha Ho Jaaye. This film apparently has shown Arshad Warsi in a serious role after a long time. Incidentally, "Sehar" means light in Urdu. This movie appeals the least to me cause seriously there have been loads of films on this issue and secondly, I don't really like any of these actors.

So,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home