Friday, July 15, 2005

MPKK and Salman..again

Maine Pyur Kyun Kiya releases this Friday, another laugh riot from David Dhawan starring Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif and Sushmita Sen. The promos seem to be pretty nice, also. IndiaFM has rated it pretty high and the promotion of the film has also been hot. So, like the trend, I'm pretty sure MPKK will have a huge opening, witness a drop and just about get the semi-hit tag. Of course, I'm willing to be proved wrong. I don't know, but after Paheli, no single film has prompted me to go and watch a film. None of them have excited me. Mangal Pandey might seem a appetising but it's still a long time away and anyway my exams start then..

It seems, this year, almost all films which are doing well this year are promoted and marketed excessively, of course, excluding Page 3(awesome film!). Look at the list : Black, Lucky, Waqt, Kaal, Parineeta, Bunty Aur Babli, Sarkar, Dus. It seems it's only marketing which can gurantee a good opening. I, for one, don't really like this and hope that now the low marketed films also get some profit. Case in point, both Bose and Matrubhoomi (very good films) both sank at the box office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home